Upgrading from an earlier FortiClient EMS version
FortiClient EMS 6.4.7 supports upgrading from previous EMS versions as outlined in FortiClient and FortiClient EMS Upgrade Paths.
Before any version upgrade or other maintenance, back up the EMS database. Consider performing a full server backup or taking a VM snapshot if possible.
When upgrading FortiClient EMS from 6.0 to 6.4.7, EMS retains the 6.0 license after the upgrade. However, due to the major licensing changes introduced in 6.2.0, you must still convert the license to a 6.4 license by manually converting the license on the Customer Service & Support site or by contacting the Fortinet Support team. After the converted license expires, you must order and apply 6.2 licenses.
To upgrade from an earlier EMS version:
- Close FortiClient EMS.
- Install FortiClient EMS 6.4.7 using the downloaded installer. You may complete the upgrade using one of the following methods. You can download the installer files from Customer Service & Support.
- Fortinet can enable push notifications on FDS for a new EMS GA build. If Fortinet has enabled this, a notification appears on the FortiClient EMS GUI. Click the notification, then review and accept the upgrade message.
- Run the full FortiClient EMS installer as an administrator.
- Run the light FortiClient EMS installer as an administrator. This installer connects to the FDS to check for, download, and run the latest full FortiClient EMS installer.
- Run the full FortiClient EMS installer as an administrator using the CLI. This is necessary for FortiClient EMS installations using a remote SQL database.
- Monitor FortiClient EMS performance for at least two days, including testing use cases.