To connect to the FortiManager console, you need:
- a computer with an available communications port
- a console cable, provided with your FortiManager unit, to connect the FortiManager console port and a communications port on your computer
- terminal emulation software, such as HyperTerminal for Windows.
The following procedure describes how to connect to the FortiManager CLI using Windows HyperTerminal software. You can use any terminal emulation program.
- Connect the FortiManager console port to the available communications port on your computer.
- Make sure that the FortiManager unit is powered on.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer, select the COM port, and use the following settings:
Enterto connect to the FortiManager CLI.
- In the log in prompt, enter the username and password.
The default log in is username:
admin, and no password.
You have connected to the FortiManager CLI, and you can enter CLI commands.