We recommend performing the following tasks to prepare for a successful upgrade of a FortiManager unit. Following is a summary of the preparation tasks and a link to the details for each task.
- If necessary, upgrade all ADOMs to version 5.4 or higher.
FortiManager 6.2.0 and higher supports ADOM versions 5.4, 5.6, 6.0, or 6.2. See Upgrading ADOMs.
- Download release notes, firmware images, and SNMP MIB files. See Downloading files from Customer Service & Support.
- Review release notes. See Reviewing FortiManager 6.2.5 Release Notes.
- Plan when to perform the upgrade. See Planning when to upgrade.
- Install pending configuration files. See Installing pending configurations.
- Review the status of managed devices. See Reviewing status of managed devices.
- Check the status of FortiManager databases. See Checking FortiManager databases.
- Review FortiManager System Settings pane. See Reviewing FortiManager System Settings.
- Back up configuration files and databases. See Backing up configuration files and databases.
- Clone VM instances. See Creating a snapshot of VM instances.