FortiAIOps aims at diagnosing and troubleshooting network issues by analyzing potential problems and suggesting remedial steps based on the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) architecture that it is built upon. FortiAIOps learns from your network data to report statistics on a comprehensive and simple dashboard, providing network visibility and deep insight into your network. Thus, enabling you to effectively manage your connected devices and resolve network issues swiftly with the help of AI/ML.
The FortiAIOps Management Extension Application (MEA) container is hosted on the FortiManager integrated platform that provides centralized management of Fortinet products and other devices. For more information on FortiManager operations, see related product documentation.
Some key features of FortiAIOps supported in this release are as follows:
- Wireless SLA configurations
- Successful Connects - Association, Authentication, DHCP, DNS
- Time To Connect - Association, Authentication, DHCP, DNS
- AP Health and Uptime
- Switching SLA configurations
- Successful Connects - Authentication, MAC limit
- Switch Health and Uptime
- Topology view of the impacted devices (wireless and switch)
- Top 3 and overall impacted FortiGates (wireless and switch)
- AP, switch, and station - issue identification and suggested remedies.
- FOS version 7.0.0 is recommended with FortiSwitch version 7.0.0 to generate all events.
- In FortiGate, configure the FortiManager IP in syslog.
- The FortiAIOps - Time to Connect DNS is not supported.
- For wired SLA, only Linux devices are considered as end clients.
- Client data for FortiAIOps topology is fetched only from the physical topology page of FortiGate.
The following scale deployment limits are supported for FortiAIOps.