FortiAIOps aims at diagnosing and troubleshooting network issues by analyzing potential problems and suggesting remedial steps based on the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) architecture that it is built upon. FortiAIOps learns from your network data to report statistics on a comprehensive and simple dashboard, providing network visibility and deep insight into your network. Thus, enabling you to effectively manage your connected devices and resolve network issues swiftly with the help of AI/ML.
FortiAIOps processes event logs from FortiGate and predicts issues, it also reviews FortiGate configurations periodically for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes.
The FortiAIOps tool provides the following advantages.
- Maximizes the uptime of your organization's network infrastructure.
- Reduces the time taken to diagnose network issues, thereby the response time.
- Increases the productivity of network users and that of your organization.
The FortiAIOps Management Extension Application (MEA) container is hosted on the FortiManager integrated platform that provides centralized management of Fortinet products and other devices. For more information on FortiManager operations, see related product documentation.
FortiAIOps supports direct FortiGate log forwarding and FortiAnalyzer log forwarding.
- Direct FortiGate log forwarding - Navigate to Log Settings in the FortiGate GUI and specify the FortiManager IP address.
- FortiAnalyzer log forwarding - Navigate to Log Settings in the FortiGate GUI and enable FortiAnalyzer log forwarding.
Navigate to Log Forwarding in the FortiAnalyzer GUI, specify the FortiManager Server Address and select the FortiGate controller in Device Filters.
Note: The syslog port is the default UDP port 514.
For more configuration information, see the FortiManager Administration Guide and Log Message Reference.