- Go to Administration > Configure License.
- For License Source, select FortiCare.
- In the FortiCare Email field, enter your FortiCare account ID or email address.
- In the Password field, enter your FortiCare account password.
- Click Login & Update License. Once your account information is authenticated, EMS updates the Configure License page with the serial number and license information from FortiCare.
EMS reports the following information to FortiCare. FortiCare displays this information in its dashboard and asset management pages:
- EMS software version
- Number of FortiClient endpoints currently actively licensed under and being managed by this EMS
- Endpoint license expiry statuses. You can use this information to plan license renewals.