Go to Device Manager > SD-WAN to configure SD-WAN templates and assign FortiGate devices to the templates.
SD-WAN templates help you do the following:
- Deploy a single SD-WAN template from FortiManager across multiple FortiGate devices.
- Perform a zero-touch deployment without manual configuration locally at the FortiGate devices.
- Roll out a uniform SD-WAN configuration across your network.
- Eliminate errors in SD-WAN configuration across multiple FortiGate devices since the SD-WAN template is applied centrally from FortiManager.
- Monitor network Performance SLA across multiple FortiGate devices centrally from FortiManager.
- Monitor the performance of your SD-WAN with multiple views.
Using SD-WAN templates consists of the following steps:
- Specify the ports where the SD-WAN settings will be applied. See Interface members.
- Specify the health-check servers that will monitor the network parameters. See Health-Check Servers.
- Create an SD-WAN template that includes the following:
- Add Interface Members - add the Interface Members created in step 1.
- Performance SLA - create a Performance SLA. Add the Interface Member and Health Check Servers.
- SD-WAN Rules - create rules and configure advanced options on network traffic management.
- Assign a FortiGate device to the SD-WAN template. See Assigned devices.
- Install device settings using the Install Wizard. See Using the Install Wizard to install device settings only.
- Go to SD-WAN > Monitor to monitor the FortiGate devices. See Monitor SD-WAN.
See SD-WAN templates.
The SD-WAN template takes effect on the FortiGate device only after it is installed using the Install Wizard. After installing the SD-WAN template on the FortiGate device, changing settings in SD-WAN, Performance SLA, or SD-WAN Rules locally on the FortiGate device will result in the SD-WAN template on the FortiManager being out of sync with the FortiGate device. You must configure the same settings on the FortiManager SD-WAN template and install it again using the Install Wizard to be in sync with the settings on the FortiGate.