When performing the initial setup of FortiAnalyzer, you are required to register your FortiAnalyzer to FortiCare, which typically requires internet access. While operating in a closed network or air-gap environment, you must complete this step by uploading the entitlements file through the FortiAnalyzer CLI.
- In FortiAnalyzer, disable access to the public FortiGuard Distribution Servers (FDS) using the following CLI commands:
config fmupdate publicnetwork
set status disable
- Connect to the FortiAnalyzer GUI, and on the FortiAnalyzer login screen, click Upload License.
- Click Browse to select your FortiAnalyzer license or drag-and-drop the license file, and click Upload.
The license file will be applied, and the FortiAnalyzer will be restarted in order to verify the license.
- Sign in to FortiAnalyzer.
The FortiAnalyzer Setup Wizard is displayed.
In order to access your FortiAnalyzer, it must be registered to FortiCare in the FortiAnalyzer Setup Wizard.
- On FortiCloud, create a ticket for your FortiAnalyzer entitlements file, and Fortinet Customer Service will provide you with the file.
- Upload the entitlements file using the FortiAnalyzer CLI. This can only be completed using the CLI using the following command:
exec fmupdate <ftp | scp | tftp> import license <filename> <server IP address> <remote path> <username> <password>
exec fmupdate ftp import license entitlement-file 220.127.116.11 /pub/place user1 password1
This operation will replace the current package!
Do you want to continue? (y/n)y
Start getting file from FTP Server...
Transferred 0.001M of 0.001M in 0:00:00s (0.008M/s)
FTP transfer is successful.
Package installation is in process...
This could take some time.
- The FortiAnalyzer Setup wizard will display that you are successfully registered with FortiCare.