Pre-filters can be configured for all the available log fields in event handlers. Each event handler can have multiple pre-filters.
The pre-filters are applied before every regular filter in the event handler. This means the pre-filter criteria does not need to be added individually within each regular filter.
To create a pre-filter:
- Go to FortiSoC > Handlers > Event Handler List.
- Select the checkbox for an existing event handler, and click Edit.
You can also add pre-filters when creating a new event handler.
- In the Pre-filters area, click Add Pre-Filter.
The Pre-filter dialog opens.
- Configure the pre-filter.
Enter a name for the pre-filter.
Log Device Type
Select the device type from the dropdown.
Select a log type from the dropdown. The log types will vary depending on the device type.
Select a log subtype from the dropdown. The log subtype is not available for all devices types.
Select All or Any of the following conditions.
Select a log field from the dropdown.
Select an operator from the dropdown.
Select the event type from the dropdown.
- To insert another pre-filter condition in the list, click the add icon (+).
If you need to delete a pre-filter condition, click the delete icon next to the condition.
- (Optional) In the Generic Text Filter field enter the filter string.
For more information, see Using the Generic Text Filter in an event handler.
- To save the pre-filter, click OK.
The Pre-filter dialog closes.
- To insert another pre-filter, click the add icon (+) in the Pre-filters area.