Setting up a camera
New cameras automatically detected by FortiAnalyzer will appear in the FortiRecorder > Camera dashboard.
In order for FortiAnalyzer to detect cameras automatically, the cameras must be:
- Assigned a DHCP address through a connected FortiGate.
- Connected with Power over Ethernet (PoE) to the FortiAnalyzer.
If a DHCP server is not available, cameras can also be set up with a static IP address through the Create New menu in the Camera dashboard.
A camera key must be set before cameras can be activated in FortiAnalyzer. See Creating a camera key.
To activate a camera detected by the FortiAnalyzer:
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera Manager > Camera.
- Select the Unauthorized filter.
- Right-click a detected camera and select Authorize.
The Edit Camera Device menu will open.
- Configure the camera settings, then select OK.
Camera settings will vary depending on the model of camera detected. For information on the individual camera settings, see the FortiRecorder Administration Guide.
- Once successfully authorized, the camera will be enabled.
If a camera fails to connect, it will be displayed with an error icon. Right-click the device to Disable it and then attempt to Enable it again. This will reload the default settings for the device and may correct issues which are preventing it from connecting successfully.
In a HA configuration, FortiRecorder devices should only be configured on the FortiAnalyzer device on which they were set up. When attempting to modify a camera being managed by another device, a warning message will be displayed.