Importing FortiGate Web Filter profiles
You can import a Web Filter profile from FortiOS into FortiClient EMS, then edit the profile in FortiClient EMS to add a FortiClient installer or other configuration details.
To import Web Filter profiles successfully from FortiOS to FortiClient EMS, FortiGate must be open to HTTPS access. In FortiOS, go to Network > Interfaces, select the desired port, and under Administrative Access, enable the HTTPS checkbox.
- Click Endpoint Profiles > Manage Profiles > Import > From FortiGate / FortiManager. The Import Profiles from FortiGate/FortiManager window opens.
- Under Type, select FortiGate.
- Complete the following options, and click Next.
Enter the IP address and port of the FortiGate from which the profile is being imported, in the format:
Enter a VDOM name from the FortiGate if applicable.
Enter the FortiGate's login username.
Enter the FortiGate's login password.
The list of Web Filter profiles configured on the FortiGate displays.
You can click the </> icon beside each profile to preview the settings in XML format.
- Select the profiles to import into FortiClient EMS and click Next.
- Under Synchronization Mode, select one of the following options.
- One Time Pull: If selected, FortiClient EMS does not automatically sync profile changes from the FortiGate. You can manually sync profile changes after importing the profile. See Syncing profile changes.
- Group Schedule: Select to configure a group synchronization schedule for all selected profiles. Select the next date and time to automatically update the profiles, and the profile update interval in days, hours, or seconds.
- Individual Schedule: Select to configure an individual synchronization schedule for each selected profile. Select the next date and time to automatically update each profile, and the profile update interval in days, hours, or seconds.
- Click Import. The selected profiles are imported into FortiClient EMS and display in Endpoint Profiles > Manage Profiles in a group named after the FortiGate from which they were imported.
- In the Endpoint Profiles page, select an imported profile. Click Edit.
You can modify settings on the Web Filter tab. When the next profile synchronization occurs between FortiOS and EMS, any Web Filter settings modified in EMS are overwritten with the settings from the Web Filter profile in FortiOS. For Web Filter settings that are available in EMS but are not available for configuration in FortiOS, the EMS settings are preserved.
You can edit other tabs on the profile to provide additional configuration information. You can also add a FortiClient deployment package to the profile by using the Deployment tab. Custom installers can be created. See Adding FortiClient deployment packages.
- Edit the options on the tabs.
- Click Save Profile.