Creating a local CA certificate using an HSM server
Once you have configured the HSM server on FortiAuthenticator, you can create a local CA certificate using the HSM server to sign requests. For more information on setting up a certificate authority, see FortiAuthenticator as a Certificate Authority.
To create a new local CA certificate using HSM:
- On FortiAuthenticator, go to Certificate Management > Certificate Authorities > Local CAs, and click Create New.
- Enter a name for the CA certificate, for example My_CA.
- Select Root CA as the Certificate type.
- Enable Use NetHSM, and choose an HSM server from the dropdown menu.
- Configure the remaining settings as desired, and click OK to save your changes.
Once your CA certificate has been created, it can be exported and installed on your network. For more information on setting up a certificate authority, see FortiAuthenticator as a Certificate Authority.