- In FortiAuthenticator, go to System > Administration > NetHSMs, and click Create New.
- In the Create New HSM Server window, configure the following:
Name Enter a name for the HSM server. Server IP/FQDN Enter the IP address or FQDN of the HSM server to which the FortiAuthenticator will connect. Partition Password Enter the key partition password from the HSM server. Client IP Enter the address of the FortiAuthenticator interface that the HSM will see.
Upload server certificate
Click Upload server certificate to select the certificate from your HSM.
- Click OK to complete the setup.
- Make sure the FortiAuthenticator client certificate uses the
<FAC IP>.pemnaming convention. For example:
- Upload the FortiAuthenticator client certificate to Safenet Luna HSM using SCP transfer.
scp [certificate filename] admin@[HSM address]:
- Use SSH to connect to the HSM, then register your FortiAuthenticator, and associate it with a partition.
ssh -1 admin [HSM address]
client register -c [client name] -ip [client address]
client assignpartition -c [client name] -p [partition name]
- Confirm the status of the NetHSM client. For example:
client show -c my_fac