FortiClient Enterprise Management Server (FortiClient EMS) is a security management solution that enables scalable and centralized management of multiple endpoints (computers). FortiClient EMS provides efficient and effective administration of endpoints running FortiClient. It provides visibility across the network to securely share information and assign security profiles to endpoints. It is designed to maximize operational efficiency and includes automated capabilities for device management and troubleshooting. FortiClient EMS also works with the FortiClient Web Filter extension to provide web filtering for Google Chromebook users.
FortiClient EMS is designed to meet the needs of small to large enterprises that deploy FortiClient on endpoints and/or provide web filtering for Google Chromebook users. Benefits of deploying FortiClient EMS include:
- Remotely deploying FortiClient software to Windows PCs
- Updating profiles for endpoint users regardless of access location
- Administering FortiClient endpoint connections, such as accepting, disconnecting, and blocking connections
- Managing and monitoring endpoints, such as status, system, and signature information
- Identifying outdated versions of FortiClient software
- Defining web filtering rules in a profile and remotely deploying the profile to the FortiClient Web Filter extension on Google Chromebook endpoints
You can manage endpoint security for Windows and macOS platforms using a unified organizational security policy. An organizational security policy provides a full, understandable view of the security policies defined in the organization. You can see all policy rules, assignments, and exceptions in a single unified view.