Creating Nuage fabric connectors
With FortiManager, you can create a fabric connector for Nuage Virtualized Services Platform. You cannot import address names from Nuage Virtualized Services Platform to the fabric connector. Instead you must manually create dynamic firewall objects that you can use in policies. When you install the policies to one or more FortiGate units, FortiGate uses the information and Fortinet SDN Connector to communicate with Nuage Virtualized Services Platform and dynamically populate the objects with IP addresses.
When you create a fabric connector for Nuage Virtualized Services Plan, you are specifying how FortiGate can communicate with Nuage through Fortinet SDN Connector. As a result, you are configuring communication and authentication information for Fortinet SDN Connector.
If ADOMs are enabled, you can create multiple fabric connectors per ADOM; however, each fabric connector requires a unique IP address.
FortiManager version 5.6 ADOM or later
The method described in this topic for creating fabric connectors requires version 6.0 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with Nuage Virtualized Services Platform.
To create a fabric connector object for Nuage:
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric Connectors.
- Click Create New. The Create New Fabric Connector wizard is displayed.
- Under SDN, select Nuage, and click Next.
- Configure the following options, and then click OK:
Type a name for the fabric connector object.
Displays Nuage Virtualized Services Platform.
Type the IP address for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Identify the port used for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Perform one of the following options:
- Click Use Default to use the default port.
- Click Specify and type the port number.
Type the user name for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Type the password for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Toggle On to enable the fabric connector object. Toggle OFF to disable the fabric connector object.
To complete the fabric connector setup:
- Create dynamic firewall address objects.
See Configuring dynamic firewall addresses for fabric connectors.
You cannot import address names from Nuage Virtualized Services Platform to FortiManager.
- In the policy package in which you will be creating the new policy, create an IPv4 policy and include the firewall address objects for Nuage Virtualized Services Platform. See IP policies.
- Install the policy package to FortiGate.
See Install a policy package.
FortiGate communicates with Nuage Virtualized Services Platform to dynamically populate the firewall address objects with IP addresses.