Creating Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) connector
With FortiManager, you can create a fabric connector for Oracle (OCI), and then import address names from Oracle (OCI) to automatically create dynamic objects that you can use in policies. When you install the policies to one or more FortiGate units, FortiGate uses the information and Fortinet SDN Connector to communicate with Oracle (OCI) and dynamically populate the objects with IP addresses.
When you create a fabric connector for Oracle (OCI), you are specifying how FortiGate can communicate with Oracle (OCI) through Fortinet SDN Connector. As a result, you are configuring communication and authentication information for Fortinet SDN Connector.
If ADOMs are enabled, you can create multiple fabric connectors per ADOM; however, each fabric connector requires a unique IP address.
FortiManager with ADOM version 6.0 or later.
The method described in this topic for creating fabric connectors requires ADOM version 6.0 or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with Oracle (OCI).
To create a fabric connector object for Oracle (OCI):
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric Connectors.
- Click Create New. The Create New Fabric Connector wizard is displayed.
- Under SDN, select Oracle, and click Next. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) screen is displayed.
- Configure the following options, and then click OK:
Type a name for the fabric connector object.
Displays Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
Type the User ID for the Fortinet SDN Connector.
OCI Tenant ID
Type the OCI Tenant ID.
OCI Compartment ID
Type the OCI Compartment ID.
OCI Server Region
Select the OCI Server Region from the drop-down.
Select the OCI Certificate from the drop-down.
Update Interval (s)
Specify the update interval for the Fortinet SDN Connector.
Select one of the following options:
- Click Use Default to use the default interval.
- Click Specify and specify the interval.
Toggle On to enable the fabric connector object. Toggle OFF to disable the fabric connector object.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors. Select the connector and click Import.
- The Oracle (OCI) connector is imported. Click Close to close the import dialog.
- Create a Policy Package and install it to a FortiGate device. The Oracle (OCI) connector object is synced with the FortiGate device.