Installing to managed devices
After you add devices to FortiManager, you can configure objects and policies, and use policy packages to install the objects and policies to one or more devices.
If you imported a policy from a device, you can edit and create policies for the imported policy package, and then install the updated policy package back to the device. Alternately you can create and configure a new policy package. You can install a policy package to multiple devices.
If you want to install device-specific settings, you can configure the settings by using the device dashboard on the Device Manager pane. When you install to the device, the device-specific settings are pushed to the device.
To install to devices:
- Create or edit objects. See Create a new object or Edit an object.
- Create or edit policies in a policy package to select the objects. See Creating policies or Editing policies.
You can create or edit policies in the policy package that was automatically created for the device when you imported its policy. Alternately, you can create a new policy package in which to define policies. See Create new policy packages.
- Ensure that the installation targets for the policy package include the correct devices. See Policy package installation targets.
- Edit device-specific settings by using the device dashboard on the Device Manager pane. See Using the device dashboard.
- Install the policy package and device settings to devices by using the Installation Wizard. See Installing to devices.